Hello there, sweet friends!
Today on the blog I have a full post of all of my favorite resources for kindergarten through third grade. I get asked fairly often for our favorite books, media options, curriculum, Christian resources and I figured it would be most beneficial to have our favorites listed in one location.
- MasterBooks | We have used several of their curriculum. I personally love their science lessons. We have also used Math Lessons for a Living Education and Language Lessons for a Living Education for this age group.
- Abeka | We’ve used Abeka for 5 years now. I love their language curriculum and it has helped me teach both my boys to read. Their phonics curriculum is stellar in my opinion.
UNIT STUDIES and ONLINE PRINTABLES | I love incorporating random unit studies throughout the year theses are a few of my favorite shops for prints and unit studies as well as a few extras I like to use.
- Steph Hathaway Designs – I love her unit studies. We have done several. The apple unit, ducks, pond study, and moon phases just to name a few.
- September and Co Shop – So many great items. we love their character cards
- Arrows and Applesauce – This shop has so many great printables.
- Pip and J Papery – One of my fave shops. We have their ABC cards, 10 Commandment cards, Advent cards, and we’ve used their handwriting book.
- Human Body Activity Book – Loved this for 1st grade
- Handwriting without Tears We used this last year and again this year for 2nd grade
- Home School Compass – Another great resource for free printables.
PICTURE BOOKS | Below I have some of our most loved along with the ones we enjoy reading throughout the different seasons.
- A Child’s Garden of Verses
- The Bear Books by Karma Wilson
- Curious George Books
- My First Little House Books
- Dr Suess Books
- Frog and Toad
- Dick and Jane Readers
- Mr Putter
- If You Give a Mouse a Cookie Series
- Over and Under the Pond
- The Gardeners
- Up and Down in the Garden
- A Nest is Noisy
- Goodbye Winter Hello Spring
- The Honeybee
- Miss Rumphius
- The Little Blue Cottage
- The Snail and the Whale
- Ox Cart Man
- Johnny Appleseed – Will Moses
- Too Many Pumpkins
- Goodbye Summer Hello Autumn
- Fletcher and the Falling Leaves
- Sharing the Bread
- Cranberry Thanksgiving
- In November
- Leaf Man
- Winter Dance
- Goodbye Autumn Hello Winter
- Brambly Hedge
- Animals in Winter
- Sleep Tight Farm
- Cranberry Christmas
- Brave Irene
- Over and Under the Snow
- Truth and Grace Memory Book – Founders Ministries
- The Ology + WonderFull Psalms Ever New
- Little Pilgrims Big Journey
- Little Pilgrims Theology – Online Resource
- The Lightlings, The Priest with Dirty Clothes, The Prince’s Poison Cup by R.C. Sproul
- Alongside Them
- The Valley of Vision | I know this seems like an odd resource for this age group but we read one passage each morning from Valley of Vision and I think it’s a wonderful resource to have and to share with our children from a young age.
- Light Keepers – We haven’t read these, but they come highly recommended.| For this age group I would use as a read aloud.
- Liberty Kids — I would check your local library for these dvds
- Torch Lighters – Just a word of caution these are fantastic DVDs and they come with a workbook. They tell the stories of great heroes of the faith and martyrs. It’s important to know your child. Some of the stories are very emotional and really young kiddos or sensitive kiddos may get upset. My 7 year old really enjoys them and they have opened up great discussions. I recommend previewing them first just in case there is one you want to hold off on until they are a little older.
- Home School Pop on YouTube
- Art for Kids Hub on YouTube
If you would like a printable to keep track of your favorite books and what your kiddos are reading I’ve included that below for you.